Tahini-free Curried Hummus
2 15.5 oz cans of Garbanzo Beans (Chick Peas), drained (reserve water)
1 large lemon, juiced (3 Tbsp)
4 cloves garlic
5 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp almond butter
½ tsp salt (or to taste)
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 Tbsp curry powder
4-5 Tbsp bean water from can, above
Parsley and pine nuts to garnish
1. Combine in a food processor the drained bans, garlic, cumin, paprika, and curry powder. Pulse repeatedly (about a minute) until the mixture is chopped finely.
2. Add the almond butter, lemon juice, olive oil and 4 Tbsp of the reserved bean water and process until desired consistency is reached. If the mixture is dry, or if you want a creamier consistency, add a bit more of the bean water slowly while the food processor is running until the desired consistency is achieved.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate until time to eat.
1. Serve with crackers, crostini, or fresh veggies.
2. Garnish with a bit of chopped parsley and some pine nuts.