1 lb. dried, tart cherries
1 lb. Maytag Blue cheese (or similar mild blue cheese)
2 Tbs. chopped garlic (about 4-5 cloves)
2 Tbs. grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese
1/4 cup pine nuts
Chopped pecans or parsley to coat
1. In a food processor, roughly chop the dried cherries (reserving a few for garnish).
2. Add the blue cheese, chopped garlic, parmesan, and pine nuts, and process until desired consistency is reached.
3. While processing, slowly drizzle in the olive oil, using just enough to bind it together.
4. Form the mixture into a ball, rolling in chopped pecans or parley to cover.
5. Refrigerate until firm.
6. Serve with crostini or crackers.
Yield: about 4 cups.