This was originally based on a recipe we found online from the Simpson House Inn, in Santa Barbara, CA. It's morphed a lot since then, and doesn't really resemble the original much at all, other in the basic ingredients.
1 lb. Kalamata olives, pitted and drained
1 lb. Maytag Blue cheese (or similar mild blue cheese)
2 Tbs. chopped garlic (about 4-5 cloves)
2 Tbs. grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese
1/4 cup pine nuts
3 Tbs. olive oil
1. In a food processor, roughly chop the olives (reserving a few for garnish).
2. Add the blue cheese, chopped garlic, parmesan, and pine nuts, and process until desired consistency is reached.
3. While processing, slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
4. Garnish with the reserved olives.
5. Serve with crostini or crackers.
Yield: about 4 cups.